Driving license in Ukraine 2020 Guide for foreigners
Ukraine’s Driver LIcense for foreigners
According to the law procedure for getting a driving license in Ukraine by foreigners in Ukraine, following the procedure below.
Although foreigners can drive vehicles in Ukraine, having an international driver’s license, after they register in Ukraine, they must acquire a Ukrainian driver’s license. However, according to the law of Ukraine, you can hold both Ukrainian and foreign driver’s licenses – they will be equally valid.
There are 14 driver license categories in Ukraine. Here are the most popular:
- “A1” Category is for driving motorbikes, scooters, and other two-wheel vehicles,
- “A” is for driving motorcycle and other two-wheel vehicles, aggregated with the engine 50 sm3 upwards;
- “B” is for driving motor cars (weight – up to 3 500 kg; with up to 8 seats, excepting a driver’s).
In order to start the procedure, you have to go through the medical examination and get a 083 / o form, then pass the test in the nearest service center
how to apply for a Driving license in Ukraine
If you are a foreigner, registered, and residing in Ukraine, but you do not have a driver’s license, you may acquire it just like any citizen of Ukraine by completing the following steps:
- Go through medical examination and receive a 083 / o form;
- Attend driving school;
- Pass the test to the nearest service center.