Driving license in Ukraine 2020 Guide for foreigners
Ukraine’s Driver LIcense for foreigners
According to Ukrainian law procedure for getting a driver’s license by foreigners in Ukraine, following the procedure below.
Although foreigners can drive vehicles in Ukraine, having an international driver’s license, after they register in Ukraine, they must acquire a Ukrainian driver’s license. However, according to the law of Ukraine, you can hold both Ukrainian and foreign driver’s licenses – they will be equally valid.
There are 14 driver license categories in Ukraine. Here are the most popular:
- “A1” is for driving motorbikes, scooters and other two-wheel vehicles, aggregated with the engine up to 50 sm3;
- “A” is for driving motorcycle and other two-wheel vehicles, aggregated with the engine 50 sm3 upwards;
- “B” is for driving motor cars (weight – up to 3 500 kg; with up to 8 seats, excepting a driver’s).
Getting a second (Ukrainian) driver’s license is maintained for 60 days. In order to do this, you have to go through the medical examination and get a 083 / o form, then pass the test in the nearest service center (without attending a driving school).
how to apply for a Driving license in Ukraine
If you are a foreigner, registered and residing in Ukraine, but you do not have a driver’s license, you may acquire it just like any citizen of Ukraine by completing the following steps:
- Go through medical examination and receive a 083 / o form;
- Attend driving school;
- Pass the test to the nearest service center.